Friday, March 4, 2011

"Got to get a new pair of shoes to kick it with her"

There is a song called Collarbone by Fujiya & Miyagi and it makes me think of myself. The lyrics go like this, "got to get a new pair of shoes to kick it with her". And it's true. I have always had this thing with guys and skate sneakers. I've lived in some of the greatest places in the world - New York City, Southern California, Hawaii, and Brazil. Areas supposedly overpopulated with hot dudes but yet I don't give too many a second look. Why? Because the very first thing I look at is their sneakers! I don't look at eyes, I don't look at smile, or ask him if he even has a job. But if you are wearing an impressive pair of Vans Chukka Del Barco's, you have my full attention. And to try to prove that this is not as vein and materialistic as it sounds, I actually prefer them to be a little skater scuffed. The shoes... and the boy.







another absolute favorite of mine, the "t-shirt & cardigan" look



and check out the Collarbone music video, definitely worth viewing once (or twice)




No comments:

Post a Comment